EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts

Number of posts : 1042

Gamer Tag : EZT Strumlord Registration date : 2011-10-01

Favourite Car : Seat Leon Supercup

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Sat 01 Feb 2014, 12:52 pm

EZT mako 6669 wrote:
I'm rather doubtful that Fanatec will come out with a wheel. Kind of sounded like their affiliation with MS is over. Coot mentioned something a while ago when we were practicing that someone has been making dongles to make old peripherals work with the new box. He said they had successfully got the old controllers to work, and the MS wheel, though without FFB. They were supposedly working on one for the Fanatec wheels. Haven't heard anything since though. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Personally, I have decided to hold off on getting the new system. While initially quite excited about it, I have realized over the last two months that it really has nothing to offer me. Everything I have read about FM5 has been rather disappointing. They have taken too much away relative to what they gave us. My son and friends tell me that both BF4 and Ghosts are both disappointments as well. While I'm intrigued by the integration with the TV and the kinects, it's not something I need bad enough to drop 500$ on it. Until more games come out that I may be interested in, and I see what direction FM5 goes in, I can wait.

Even when or if I take the plunge, I refuse to shell out 400-500 more dollars for a new wheel set up, on top of the system cost. It's just too much, especially when the new wheels, however good they may be, are still sub-par when compared to my GT2 wheel. If I still had an MS wheel, that would be different.
I hear ya on buying a whole new racing setup Mako. If I had not gotten lucky with the GT2/CSP setup that I have now, I would not fork out the cash for a new rig either. The thrustmaster was a tough sell for my wife because she knew I was leary about the pedals. She did not want me to fork out the cash for something that she thought would be a dust collector. But with this dongle that you and Coot mentioned for the CSP's she's giving me a green light now. Let's just hope it won't cost and arm and a leg.

EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n io r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!

#712 EZT Strumlord (Band Camp Boy)
EZT BSCC Series 1 - Team Champs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts

Number of posts : 567

Gamer Tag : EZT Coot Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:41 pm

The people that are supposedly working on an interface for 360 stuff to the xbone in CronusMAX. 

http://www.cronusmax.com/forums/index.php?s=9755126b0b6bd5f3b33795cdfef211fd

They apparently have the 360 controller happening, but nothing as yet for FF wheels. There's a strong opinion via the FM Forums that MS will not allow this to happen, so there's a chance that you drop the 60 or so dollars on the converter, just to have MS do an update and render it useless.

Jon at Basherboards is a find. I have his 'bare bones' circuit board in my CSR wheel and it's been stable as a rock. They guy does this as kind of a hobby, and he's not out to make a killing on his stuff. All his pricing has been extremely reasonable, and the support is over the top.

I'm interested to see how the Madcatz wheel shakes out. I believe it's due out around 2/28 or so. From what I've heard and read, they went all out to put out a quality wheel, unlike the usual crap they have been associated with. It appeared that Thrustmaster had a rash of problems with their first batch of wheels. Seems that has been sorted out, as the 'whine level' seems to have decreased on the forums.

Now that T10 seems to be moving on multi-player and lobby fixes, there will probably be a renewed interest in FM5 for us league racers. I'm still in a 'wait and see', but it's encouraging that T10 is finally starting to fix some of this stuff. A landmark event - pit stops will now fix aero damage! 

Just finished the Classics at Road America - and FM4 is STILL a Gem!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
solleft
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts

Number of posts : 667

Gamer Tag : EZT o solleft Registration date : 2010-12-04

Favourite Car : Renault Turbo
Preferred Class : C on up

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Tue 04 Feb 2014, 11:09 am

EZT mako 6669 wrote:
I'm rather doubtful that Fanatec will come out with a wheel. Kind of sounded like their affiliation with MS is over. Coot mentioned something a while ago when we were practicing that someone has been making dongles to make old peripherals work with the new box. He said they had successfully got the old controllers to work, and the MS wheel, though without FFB. They were supposedly working on one for the Fanatec wheels. Haven't heard anything since though. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Personally, I have decided to hold off on getting the new system. While initially quite excited about it, I have realized over the last two months that it really has nothing to offer me. Everything I have read about FM5 has been rather disappointing. They have taken too much away relative to what they gave us. My son and friends tell me that both BF4 and Ghosts are both disappointments as well. While I'm intrigued by the integration with the TV and the kinects, it's not something I need bad enough to drop 500$ on it. Until more games come out that I may be interested in, and I see what direction FM5 goes in, I can wait.

Even when or if I take the plunge, I refuse to shell out 400-500 more dollars for a new wheel set up, on top of the system cost. It's just too much, especially when the new wheels, however good they may be, are still sub-par when compared to my GT2 wheel. If I still had an MS wheel, that would be different.
At $500 the Xbone as a TV interface is not worth it. It cool to be able to tell your Xbox to "rurn off" or "watch tv" but that soon grows old. It's a shame MS and Turn 10 are not catering to racers like us, it's only about the money.

EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n io r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!

"I'm so far behind...I think I'm first"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts

Number of posts : 567

Gamer Tag : EZT Coot Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Thu 27 Mar 2014, 9:33 am

Jon at Basher Boards has started a forum - one of the first threads are about the Fanatec pedal adapter to the TX500 - link

http://www.basherboards.com/forum/thread-2.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts

Number of posts : 1042

Gamer Tag : EZT Strumlord Registration date : 2011-10-01

Favourite Car : Seat Leon Supercup

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Thu 27 Mar 2014, 5:07 pm

I've been getting email updates on this Coot. The Adapter launches tomorrow. Thanks for this update.

#712 EZT Strumlord (Band Camp Boy)
EZT BSCC Series 1 - Team Champs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   

Back to top Go down

Racing Wheel Support for XB1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2