EZT MOTORSPORT
Welcome back! Please log in!

RegisterHomeEZT MOTORSPORTCalendarFAQSearchLog in

Share | 

whaletail935

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: whaletail935   Sun 11 Oct 2009, 3:29 am

Just wanted to drop in and say hello, and thank Dave for inviting me to race last week. Unfortunately, my XBOX has been overheating with alarming frequency, and I've had to lower my apartment temperature to 65 degrees (F), continually run my ceiling fan, and buy a desk fan simply to play Forza (with intermittent, but less frequent double red ring appearances). Not exactly Feng-Shuy, or comfortable for that matter--but livable. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm contemplating buying another 360, but only if the problem has been fixed (likely with less sensitive heat sinks or better shielding). As Microsoft hasn't addressed the issue extensively (that I've noticed), I haven't been able to answer that question. Perhaps one of you may have some knowledge to share? Thankfully, I haven't been subjected to the dreaded RROD (three rings) yet, and I'm hoping my (almost) two year-old XBOX 360 was manufactured after the problem was identified and fixed. Any ideas? I won't be able to bear the turnaround time should that happen.

Unfortunately, it has also been difficult to race with you guys because of the time zone difference. Although I'm on at odd local hours, they haven't overlapped much you guys. Are there any team drivers (or just guys you race with) from the US, or any other inconvenient time zones? I'd really like to be able to find a group to consistently race with, and if Dave is an indication, EZT would be an excellent group--if we can alleviate the time zone issue.

In any case, I hope to be able to race with you guys soon. Feel free to invite for a race if I'm on, and send me a FR if you'd like. Although I've a lot to learn, I certainly will do my best to race hard, but clean. And of course, if any light may be shed on either of my predicaments, by all means, let me know.

regards,

Henk

GT:whaletail935
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: whaletail935   Sun 11 Oct 2009, 7:03 am

i had a xbox around 2 years ago an i had 5 due to red lights bought a recent xbox an havent had 1 problem with it yet .
Back to top Go down
Cossie
25 - 49 posts
25 - 49 posts

Number of posts : 42

Gamer Tag : OcR Cossie 4 now Registration date : 2009-09-13

Favourite Car : 1989 Rover Flame Mini (mine)
Preferred Class : S, U, B, A

PostSubject: Re: whaletail935   Mon 12 Oct 2009, 7:43 pm

welcome dude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EZT Neo 45
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 5459

Gamer Tag : EZT Neo 45 Registration date : 2009-06-27

Favourite Car : Audi S4 V8
Preferred Class : D through S

PostSubject: Re: whaletail935   Tue 13 Oct 2009, 8:29 am

The new Xbox 360s are produced with a different chipset than when they first came out. They run much cooler. I believe it is the Falcon chipset. At least that is what it says on my newly repaired 360 (suffered from the dreaded E74)!

EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
EZT Neo 45 - 2010 Team MVP
Michael (Flames Boy) (Lag Out King)
Team Captain
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.eztmotorsport.net/portal.htm
EZT TomCat7
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1452

Gamer Tag : EZT TomCat7 Registration date : 2009-02-19

Favourite Car : 1965 Pontiac GTO
Preferred Class : All

PostSubject: Re: whaletail935   Wed 28 Oct 2009, 8:50 am

You will find that there are several US racers that belong to EZT and we have many friends from other racing teams that race with us also.

I have a fan attached to the back of my Xbox, that I got in April of this year.
The newer Xbox 360's are a little better now.

The turn around for fixing the Xbox's is faster now also. Less than 2 weeks most of the time.

EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n io r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!

"Unofficial" Senior Citizen of Forza Motorsport
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shop.enivausa.com/tomphillips/en-us/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whaletail935   

Back to top Go down

whaletail935
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EZT MOTORSPORT :: WELCOME TO EZT MOTORSPORT :: WELCOME!!-
Jump to: